Friday, December 11, 2009

This is not a foodie blog

Although I know that I AM a foodie. There are plenty of great foodie blogs out there. I've been known to read a few of them.

No. This is a tale of " Junk Food Friday" gone bad. Tonight I attempted to make gluten free (those of you who know me know I'm "high maintenance" and those of you who don't yet - well now you know, I'm hard to feed therefore high maintenance) fish and chips.

Travis cleverly took a picture of me as I privately said "this is a complete disaster - I believe I may have been saying "Ahh shit" to myself . You're right, the apron does nothing for me but there was hot oil involved. Hot oil and a completely disastrous fish batter.


"Nope, not going to be able to come up with some story that this is an ethnic dish. "


How is this dog related - The usual subject of this blog? It was so bad I couldn't imagine feeding it to the dogs.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some... more room for popcorn tonight!

3 comments:

Jerry said...

COME ON !! you need some picture of the Final product ?? I do realize you need gluten free everything but Fish and Chips??? that would have require some wizardry I think. . . that seem raft with disaster from the start. I can only imagine (horribly imagine) what was in that batter. The chips were probably good though. I will be on the look out for you for a batter.

Jerry said...

Actually, don't worry. . .soon my type II diabetes will set in and I will be high maintenance.

Ruth said...

Ah Lisa,
Did you not put baking powder with your rice flour? No substituting Pellegrino for the soda water -- the batter needs the extra lift!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/fish-and-chips-recipe/index.html