Monday, December 21, 2009

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

In a weird, twisted way, this may be one of my favourite days of the year. Today - or maybe tomorrow, now that we have the internet and too much information things can get a little confusing - but TRADITIONALLY today is the shortest day of the year. Up our way there is about 10 hours difference between the longest day and the shortest day. That's a lot of daylight. So when things start getting dark and miserable around here I start looking forward to the winter's solstice - now that's a holiday worth celebrating!

As much as I can whine about the lack of sunlight though, I really feel for Travis.

Here's a picture I took at 8:20 this morning after Travis left for work.


And here's a picture I took long before he got home from work this afternoon.

To work in the dark and back home in the dark - it's a great way to live if you're a vampire or mushroom. Official sunrise today was 8:55am and sunset was 4:08pm, however there was no real sunrise or set here today because it started snowing first thing and still hasn't stopped - so no sun at all.

However I did take these pictures the other day while the weather was nice.


It was probably about 3:30pm - pretty!

Here's to 6 months of more sunlight - that's way better than thinking about 2 more months of REALLY cold weather! For those of you WAY south of us, yes I realize that our winter is longer than a couple more months and that it actually goes on for another 4 or 5 months, but that's one of those "out of sight, out of mind" things. To actually think about 4 OR 5 MORE MONTHS OF WINTER....LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!