Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hurry up and wait

Louanne's dog Isla was bred to Hope a couple of months ago. I told Louanne that I would come down and help whelp out the litter if she wanted. It's not that I didn't think Louanne could handle it on her own - she's a strong, confident, independant woman after all - it was just a great excuse to head down, hang out, watch pups, and work dogs.
Based on her "due date" I planned to head down tomorrow. However I got a call BRIGHT AND EARLY this morning from Louanne letting me know that Isla's temperature had dropped so I threw Hope and a bunch of stuff in the truck and took off for her place. It's a five hour drive so there was no time to waste.

So now we're here...and staring at Isla who looks AWFULLY comfortable for a dog in labour...

Well hey Lisa - thanks for coming to visit!

I have a hunch there will be plenty of opportunity to "hang out" today...

No comments: