Thursday, January 10, 2013

Where there's a will, there's a way.

The snow came early this year and it has definitely stuck around. I told Travis just last week that I figured I'd give Gyp a break till spring because the footing just wasn't great for me to be chasing a young dog around. 

Anyone who knows me knows I"m not great at taking breaks....so we dug out the round pen, first with the quad and a shovel, and then this week - when I couldn't get the quad into the round pen for all of the snow sitting outside of it - I dug it out again by hand. Flint and I in the meantime were working in a tiny packed area in the bigger pen. 

Fact of the matter is, the footing was no good anywhere. So...a little bartering with a good neighbour down the road...



and Voila!! a new training field.  


The guardian dogs love the new play ground I've given them,


and Ralph quickly took advantage of the new views.



and I took advantage of his distraction to get some shots at of him walking past me at eye level.  You can never have too many guardian dog pup pictures!





Proof that Flint can lie down. 



Proof that I shouldn't try to take pictures and work Flint at the same time. 



Here's to wide open spaces! 

No comments: