Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Benny!

Ben is TWO! His birthday was actually on St. Patrick's day (which is why I actually remember it), but I was in the city picking up dog food on Saturday - so I'm getting around to blogging about it now. I asked Ben if he minded and he said he was just fine with me picking up grub for him and blogging about his birthday late. At least I imagine that's what he WOULD say...if he could talk. 


Lately it's been Flinty this, Flinty that but not today. Today I present you with actual video of Ben on sheep. Yes,  the dogs do occasionally get worked around here. 





Last fall Ben seemed to be struggling confidence issues. He just wasn't covering well, and  had a tendency to let sheep go rather than trying to stop them. He and I have been messing around with things this winter and I think it is starting to pay off. I'm really pleased with how far he's come and am looking forward to a. getting back out into the fields with him and b. trialling him this summer. 



No comments: