Friday, May 13, 2011

Lambing - round two.

Remember Patch? 




She's the girl that missed. I moved her out with the training sheep a couple of weeks ago.  The unpregnant sheep. 


This morning when I got up, I thought it odd that there was one sheep out front who wasn't heading out to graze with the others...




Well that would certainly explain why she wasn't heading out with the others. 




Many thanks to midwife Sam who spent the night boiling water etc., while I slept soundly.




I took a closer look at the rest of the "training" sheep and now see that I'll have a number teenage moms as well.




Immaculate conception? I think not. Let's just say that I know that I am WAY better and banding ram lambs this year. When I checked the calendar this morning everything matches up to very day I put these two withers in with these girls. Seems the boys had a fun winter. 


Looks like it's going to be an interesting spring...

No comments: