Thursday, January 27, 2011

I think I've started a soup kitchen

None of the official residents, both 2 and 4 legged ever miss a meal around here if they can help it. 
Looks like word has gotten out, because we have a couple more regulars.

I missed getting a good shot of the ravens stealing bones out of the yard. Ravens serve two purposes around here - clean up, and entertainment...as in I find it really entertaining to watch the dogs losing their marbles over losing their bones to bird brains. 

Remember Stranger? He showed up last year...

He used to be a "seldom sighted" creature. Now he's an "always around" kind of mooch. 

The newest mouth to feed is a big one. 


Unfortunately she finds my rose bushes and birches really tasty.  She also figured out very quickly where the dogs could and could not get to, and totally ignores any attempts at "protection". 
Given that she really isn't a safe addition to the family I chase her off using the time honoured method - banging pots and pans together. 

No comments: