Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One last kick at the can

Maybe.

As much as I hate to admit it, it seems that winter is upon us. Which means that pretty soon the snow will be too deep out in our pasture to work dogs. Both Kate and Hope are working really well right now so it's hard to think about quitting for a few months. Yesterday was gorgeous so we went out to just goof around and I took a few pictures of the two of them so that I've got something to look at in February when I'm completely depressed about not working dogs.

Kate has really come along this summer. She's well on her way to being ready for Nursery next spring.





As for Hope (and Kate as well), we've been playing around with new skills for me. I'm working on finger whistles. So far the upside with finger whistles in cold weather is that I don't have to worry about my whistle sticking to my lips. The downside is cold fingers I guess, as it's hard to whistle with gloves on. Hope is catching on although the first day was a real riot as it seemed that he thought it must be someone else whistling in a different field - definitely not Lisa and definitely not something he needed to pay attention to!



No comments: