Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scootering at Karen's

Karen invited the boys and I over to her place yesterday for some scootering and fresh wild blueberries. I like to think I headed over because of the scootering...


This is where I've got it over Karen. Aussies and Border Collies just sit there waiting patiently until you tell them to go. Of course, they only go a fraction of the speed of her dogs and not NEARLY as far - but they sure do look good waiting!


Scootering with my guys is all very civilized.


So, Karen swapped Biscuit and Hope out for a couple of her dogs. The other scooterer in the picture is Karen's niece Corrine. Corrine is already an awesome dog person. She plans to run in the junior Iditarod when she's old enough. With her hard work attitude and great way with dogs I imagine she'll do it, and do it very well.

Scootering with Karen's dogs is much faster, but you eat a LOT of dirt. Those speckles on my face are not freckles!

Sorry, no pictures of the blueberries. Of course maybe Karen could invite me over again for scootering (and blueberries!) and I could take pictures of them. Maybe she could just invite me over for blueberries. Blueberries picked by someone else....yummmm.



1 comment:

Fred said...

What a great idea! I wonder if people would be allowed to do this in the city. Something to look into.